Use this Star Citizen referral code when you sign up for Star Citizen and are considering to play the game. The referral code gets you 5000 UEC for free, do not waste it just keep it. Sign up for a free Star Citizen account and get your bonus! Once created, you enter the Star Citizen referral program and you’ll have your own code. The code only works for new accounts and can’t be applied retroactively.
Star Citizen referral program (updated)
The Star Citizen referral program is a reward system to motivate citizens to tell others about the game. The more recruits that use your star citizen referral code the better the rewards get. Basically it’s an affiliate program which earns you virtual points. When someone registers using your code they automatically earn 5,000 UEC. In addition you’ll get a Recruitment Point and climb up the reward ladder.
The game credits only apply to new Star Citizen accounts and are worth about $5. Once you created your account you can refer your own friends with your unique referral code.
RSI referral contest 2017
- 1 point: T-shirt Star Kitten that you’re character can wear in the Verse
- 10 points: Star Kitten Dragonfly
- Idris M if you end on top of the board at the end of the contest
- 2942 Free trip/ticket to Gamescom and a chance to meet Chris Roberts and other members of the CIG development team
How does the referral program work
It’s pretty easy, but if you need some guidance follow these steps to get 5000 UEC
- Go to the RSI website and create a new account, just use this Star Citizen referral link STAR-X5R4-526B and the code will be entered automatically
- This is optional but you can buy a game package if you want to back the project. There are free fly events about every 2 months so you could try before you buy.
- Share your code here and go to the referral code randomizer (optional)
I recommend to keep the free UEC because the Voyager Direct store isn’t up to date and you risk buying something that doesn’t work anymore. The store will be revamped but it’s not a priority at this moment.
Frequently asked questions
The rewards are pretty great up to 10 recruits. After that is becomes less interesting. A referral program revamp was announced recently.
To avoid confusion keep the following in mind.
- Your prospects need to spend $40 before they become recruits, every converted prospect gets you 1 Recruitment Point.
- Using a referral code will always get you 5000 UEC when creating a new account, you don’t need to buy the game to be eligible.
- Gifting from an existing account to the new account doesn’t get you recruitment points.
- Transferring gift cards to other accounts doesn’t work, cash only.
- A recruit can melt their items for store credit without changing their status back to “prospect.”
- Rewards can’t be gifted or exchanged for store credit.
- You’ll lose a Recruitment Point when a recruit gets refunded. I don’t know if you also lose rewards.
Applying the code to old accounts
One of the biggest complaints with the introduction of the affiliate program was that older backers missed out on the rewards. Referrals can’t be applied after you create an account. Still to this day whenever a thread on reddit pops up about this subject, people express their frustration. Some referred as many as 40 people without getting anything out of it. Perhaps with the announced revamp of the system this will change, but I highly doubt that.
5000 UEC For free
UEC is the currency that will be used in the final game. Just hold on to it as the Voyager Direct store is heavily outdated. Some of the items for sale don’t even work anymore so stay away from the store.
You can use the alpha currency like REC and aUEC which you can earn in-game to buy gear, clothes, ships, weapons etc. These currencies are for testing purposes.
Rewards and rankings
The ranking system goes from 1 recruit to 1042 recruits. The best reward is probably the Gladius gold which only requires 10 recruits. You will have access to this ship in your hangar and it can be used in all game modes.
The rewards at 25 and 42 recruits grand you access to ships that can only be used in Arena Commander and Crusader, not in the final PU.
|Number of recruits||Recruitment title||Forum display title||Rewards|
|Badger and badges||Recruiter||GA series of UEE Squadron Badges|
K&W CF-007 Bulldog repeaters
|Gimbals and guns||Private||Two gimbal mounts and|
two K&W CF-007 Bulldog repeaters.
|Surf & Turf||Corporal||Greycat buggy|
4 white & blue striped fish
|Gladius & gold||Sergeant||Gladius standalone ship & 6 Months Insurance,|
5 gold ship display models
|AC racing package||Lieutenant||Permanently unlock 350R, M50 & Mustang Gamma in Crusader & Arena Commander|
|AC combat package||Captain||Permanent unlock the Cutlass Black, Hornet, Avenger & Aurora LN|
|75||Speed racer||Major||Misc Razor|
|Dog Fighter||Lt. Colonel||You get the alien ship the Blade.|
|200||Ready for battle||Colonel||You get the vanduul Glaive.|
|Anvil Ship Package||Brigadier General||Terrapin and Hurricane|
|Million Mile High Club Access||Major General||Membership to the exclusive Million Mile High Club!|
|2017||Star Crossing||Lt. General||Javelin|
Star Citizen referral code randomizer
You can add your code to the referral code randomizer and maybe someone will pick up your code. The most popular one is the reddit referral code randomizer created by the reddit community. It was created to stop people from spamming their codes everywhere.
How to join the referral program to get recruits
Once you have enlisted and created your account you enter the referral reward program. From that moment you will have your own code. As a Star Citizen you’ll be able to share your referral code among friends. Don’t forget to add your code to the Reddit randomizer.
In my opinion the best way to get more recruits is by creating content. Make some cool video’s for example and add your code, you might get something out of it.
Copy the link below and add your own code at the end of the string , now you can share the link with anyone!
Referral program controversy
When CIG announced the referral program many backers were spamming their referral codes everywhere. It was a complete mess and flooded the star citizen subreddit. As a result the mods banned the posting of referrals in the Subreddit. Even to this day you see people trying to sneak their codes in conversations. Fortunately the community takes care of it within minutes.
The rewards are pretty sweet though, who doesn’t want that Gladius Gold reward? Hardcore fans even buy them on the grey market but few people provide them.